With a few days between exams, Adam, Dave, Jason, and I piled into Ali's car for a quick drive inland to Silverpeaks Forest. The Silverpeaks are just outside of Dunedin. On one side the view looked into the ocean, while the other side revealed central Otago and the Taieri Plains. The hike was mostly on the ridge through shrubbery and exposed rock. Surprisingly, the weather stayed clear, although it did hail later in the evening - but such is the nature of Dunedin weather.
Typical scene during the 4 hr tramp

Adam is seen here walking along an adjacent ridge

The route to Jubilee Hut


Sitting at the top before the 1000 ft decent into the valley

Ali navigating Devil's Staircase above the valley

I liked this stream
Our humble home for the night: Jubilee Hut

Adam (from Australia), Dave (New Hampshire), me (SC), Jason (New Zealand), & Ali (Fiji) just before hiking out the next day

Some video scenery
Two more exams to go until Kyle, Lorene, and I head up to the North Island to meet up with Patrick for 2 weeks.